The Premier League shocked the government that the Premier League will restart next week with new safety features in place and the aim of finishing the season ON TIME!
This unprecedented situation has meant the league will be relying on technology and e-Sports to get the season finished.
For safety, games will be played behind closed doors, kitchen doors that is as the government has mandated all games will be played using FIFA 20.
The maker of the game will tweak the legendary game and players will be selected and play as the video version of themselves.
The games will be kept as close to real life as possible, and there are even rumours that Jose Mourinho will be allowed to complain about refereeing decisions, the weather and Luke Shaw at half time of every game.
Initially, Electronic Arts resisted the call to make the tweaks but when rumours of PRO Evolution Soccer making a late bid to get involved they quickly moved heaven and earth to make things happen.
How The Games Will Work
- Matches will last the regulation 90 minutes
- Teams will play one game every two days until the end of the season
- Results will be added to the table and stats as usual
- Michael Owen and Stan Collymore will provide commentary on EVERY match
- Games will be live-streamed for FREE on Twitch
- Teamsheets will be announced one hour before kick-off
- Managers will be able to make tactical changes and substitutions
- Managers will communicate with managers using the Houseparty app
- Players in-game stats will be added to existing real-life stats
Expected Chelsea Side For The Next Game
Chelsea are expected to benefit greatly from their youth policy this season which will give them advantage over rivals with older and less tech-savvy squads.
Here is the suggested squad, the notable exception to the youth policy being N’Golo Kante because if N’Golo Kante is fit, N’Golo Kante plays.
Teams will be looking use Zoom breakout rooms to access team talks and do media appearances
Its April 1st everyone, although we found it very hard to envisage something crazier than what is going on right now.